Conference Starts in:
The 5th Annual Conference of the Portuguese Association of Energy Economics (APEEN) is fully dedicated to all aspects of the Energy Transition and Sustainability. Climate change and sustainability are challenging energy systems to new levels of innovation, in terms of technology, regulation and social values. The 5th APEEN conference aims to join leading academic scientists, researchers, innovators and business and social stakeholders, through an interdisciplinary context to present, share and discuss the most recent experiences, research results, innovations and ideas around the multiple themes on Energy Transition and Sustainability. It aims to strengthen ties among academia, industry, regulators, authorities and policy makers, as a contribution to achieve sustainable and carbon neutral energy systems.
The 5th Annual APEEN Conference is organized by CENSE (Center for Environmental and Sustainability Research) from NOVA School of Science and Tecnhology.
Check the Conference programme
The best article/presentation in 2021 APEEN Annual Conference will be awarded with an International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) Student Prize, that is, (350$) and the annual membership rate payment of $50.00 to join APEEN/IAEE during one year.
- Renewable energy sources and technologies
- Energy storage
- Energy security and sustainability
- Technologies for carbon neutrality
- Energy-efficient and sustainable buildings
- Energy efficiency in industry
- Sustainable mobility
- Energy systems modeling
- Energy systems resilience to climate change
- Energy communities and prosumers
- Energy sustainability in cities, including supply chain
- Natural resources and materials for energy systems
- Energy indicators for sustainability
- Environmental impacts of energy systems
- Digital technologies for sustainable energy systems
- Artificial intelligence and big data for energy transition
- Public policies and smart regulation for sustainable and carbon neutral energy system
- Energy economics and markets
- Energy Transition financing
- Energy Poverty
- Social aspects of energy transition
- Policy, education, and legal aspects of energy transition
- Energy for sustainable development
Authors are encouraged to contribute to the conference with high quality research describing original and unpublished results through extended abstracts that address the topics of the conference (see templates below). A peer-review process will select the best ones for presentation in the conference (e-poster or oral presentation). All accepted extended abstracts will be published through a Book of Proceedings, with ISBN.
All papers accepted for presentation (oral or e-poster) will have the opportunity to be considered for publication in the following journals: International Journal of Sustainable Energy Planning and Management and Sustainability (Special Issues: Energy Systems Sustainability and Multidimensional Perspectives for Energy Poverty Sustainable Mitigation). The selection will be carried out during the peer review process as well as at the conference presentation stage. Full papers submission will be managed by the editor of each Journal. The final decision for paper publication will be made based on peer review reports by the respective Journal.
- Extended abstract submission deadline: 20 September 2020 (new deadline)
- Authors notification: 20 October 2020
- Submission of final extended abstract: 16 November
- Full conference program: 10 December 2020
Guidelines for Authors
Authors must submit an extended abstract that briefly describes the research topic to be presented. The abstract must have maximum 2 pages in length and the templates below have to be used. All abstracts must conform the format structure outlined in the template and must be submitted online. At least one author of each selected abstracts must register and attend the conference to present their research (e-poster or oral presentation).
Prof. Jorge de Sousa, President of APEEN; Prof. Virgílio Machado, Director of FCT NOVA; Prof. Rui Santos, Director of CENSE; Prof. Julia Seixas, Chair of the Conference